I was sitting in bed today thinking about things that I am grateful for, especially since for the last year my mind focused a lot on the negative. I heard from a nifty book once that if you focus on all the positives in your life and place yourself in the vision that you have for yourself, you will eventually live in that dream. Now, I dream to be Tony Stark with an Iron Man suit one day, but for now, I will am going to list all of the things I am currently grateful for.
1. I am grateful for my mom and dad for being a live and healthy. For also, helping me get through the times that were not my brightest hours.
2. I’m grateful for my fiance for keeping her chin up for me when I have been down. I also am grateful that her love has kept me going for the last five years.
3. I’m grateful for having a job that keeps food on the table and clothes on my back.
4. I’m grateful for having the eyes to see what I am writing and the fingers to be able to write what I am feeling.
5. I’m grateful that I have readers that actually enjoy my posts, and I am grateful for the one’s that challenge my thoughts as well.
6. I am grateful to be alive and wake up to more sunny days than rainy days.
7. I’m grateful to be able to live in a country where I am free to express myself without penalty.
8. I am grateful for the men that died to keep our country free.
9. I’m grateful for the positive thoughts that pop up in my head daily. I’m also grateful for learning how to not worry or stress over the things that do not matter right now.
10. I’m grateful to know that I continue to have ideas in my head for my stories everyday and do not suffer from writer’s block too much anymore.
11. I am grateful that there are writers that ask me for my suggestions on their writings and want my help.
12. I’m grateful for when my checks from work are bigger than usual.
13. I’m grateful to have a grandmother that I know.
14. I’m grateful for having a sibling that listens to me even if I do run off into a rant at times.
15. I’m grateful for the people that are still in my life even when times were bumpy in the past.
Write down your list of what you’re grateful for. It doesn’t have to be on here. It can be on your own page or the comments below. If you’re looking to make a change in your life, don’t focus on the negatives. Start with a list of things that you’re grateful for that make you happy. It’s the first step of following what you want in your life.